HealthTrace is a Health Administration and Management Information System. The software has more than thirty (30) modules which features unparalleled ﬂexibility & scalability, easy customization, intuitive visuals and interactive graphics that simplify complex data, dashboards supported quality initiatives and comprehensive drill-down capabilities to perform the tasks deﬁned in the MODULES to generate over One Thousand (1,000) varying and comprehensive report types.
With Advance Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm encryption we are able to protect patient's information from unauthorized user(s) even within the same facility and/or among clinicians or care providers when the software is deployed on premise. When used in cloud, all security protocols are observed to safe guard unauthorized users accessing information.
The system incorporates best healthcare practices and is designed to deliver key tangible benefits to health care delivery across the globe, especially Africa. These standards are strictly complied to: Health Level-7 with Clinical Context Object Workgroup (CCOW) – an interoperability specification for the visual integration of user applications, SOAP, Clinical Document Architecture, Continuity of Care Document, Arden Syntax with Medical Logic Module (MLM), NHIS, MOH, GHS Protocols and GMA Standard Treatment Guideline on care planning, drug prescription and administration.
The software was built with broader consultation to industry experts garnered from health administration and management, finance, accounting, tax, insurance, corporate governance and law with relevant years of experience in health care delivery locally and internationally and in collaboration with computer engineers, analysts, architects, quality assurance and testing experts with years experience in enterprise application systems (ERP), custom software and mobile application development.
Performance and Scalability
Speed of response time and ease of accessing information is greater and
far ahead of its competitors because of technology used and well-thought out algorithm (speed and
scripted during programming. i.e.
a. Registers a first time patient with NHIS insurance in less than 1 minute 13 seconds even if users typing speed is not that great.
b. Generates any report type in less than 1 second after relevant parameters are input.
c. Cloud capability and enterprise ready – allow more than 1 million concurrent users.
Traceability and Transferability
With a central data repository, patience history (records) can be accessed in any facility locally and internationally based on authorization. a. Drug administered to patients are traced to the manufacture/suppliers' batch numbers so that in an event there is deviation or issues within drug components, facility, dispensaries, patient(s) and doctors are traced and identified for necessary corrections or rectification. b. The software allows clinicians to add value to the regular service and also calculates revenue generated by each clinician in whole or in part at each stage of patient care. c. During departmental and/or geographical referral(s) patient's records are accessed or transferred in most common file format like EXCEL, XML and GSV. d. Enhances diseases control and infection prevention as it traces patient to the doctor/nurse/pharmacist and facility the patient has come into contact with. e. Tracing accountability and responsibility of who used what (assets) at what time and who was it handed over to, reducing theft, mismanagement, misappropriation and increasing stewardship.
Immediate and easy tweaking based on request to be tailored to the facility's unique needs. No matter the complexity of the requirement(s) we get it done and make it work best for the facility.
Generate more than 1,000 comprehensive reports types (clinical and non-clinical)
and executive summary reports with graphs and intuitive visuals for decision makers and implementers
to respond rapidly to issues as and when they occur.
a. Insurance claims (NHIS, Private) are automatically generated and its accuracy and correctness ensures minimal or no rejection of claims when submitted for vetting;
b. Auto generates reports fed into DHIMS as required by NHIS, MOH and GHS.
When used in cloud the system allows authorized users to access the platform from their mobile phones, tablets and PCs remotely, just like a mobile app.
To lead in value addition in Healthcare information administration and management system in Africa and be the preferred provider of Healthcare information management and administration system and related services.
To provide end-to-end health Care Delivery information Management System to satisfy hospitals and clinics needs which includes but not limited to the following:
- Software (end-to-end Health Care Delivery Information Management System)
- To provide significant technology training for staff in an ongoing basis.
- To provide competitive Information Communication Technology (ICT) Solutions.
This project aims to introduce hospitals and clinics to a flourishing digital culture across its value chain within a limited space of time.
Project Sustainability Plan
Bitsweaver's HealthTrace seek to exist for our clients into the unforeseeable future as long as hospital and clinics exist. As per our assessment there are key sustainability highlights that make this project a success. Among them are:
- Effective tele-training and on-site-training of hospitals and clinics staff.
- Investment cash outflow by hospitals and clinics is comparatively low and flexibility in mode of payment.
- Continuous improvement and upgrade, customization of the system and training in line with industry best practices and standards.
- User friendly and it is developed to allow minimal learning curve.
- Air-tight confidentially marked and security of patients' and enterprise's information and authorization-based access is embedded across board.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- The system handles over 1 million transactions per minutes and less the 100 millisecond of retrieving information without been in a wait state.
- Comprehensive clinical, administrative, and departmental modules share a single data repository and have a common user interface. Data entered once is immediately available to all authorized care providers, enriching the patient record with each interaction.
Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
To improve safety and outcomes, control costs by eliminating duplicate tests, reduce medication errors expedite billings maximize resources utilization, and achieve other operational and strategic initiatives. Analysis are performed on patient records that have been aggregated by Bitsweaver's Health Trace so clinicians and administrators are able to make informed decisions based on complete and up-to-date information.
- Providing technology automation that facilitates the enhancement of patient-centered health care delivering processes.
- Providing a central repository for all data, with common application and interfaces so that users can speed up work, share work, knowledge and ideas.
- Exploiting industry best practices in health care delivery while strategically positioning the facility for its current and future growth and expansion.
- Enabling employees and management to become highly productive by consistent easy-to-use interfaces and offering the education, training and support what will minimize the learning curves associated with innovation and new technology.
- Providing a quality working environment for employees by offering optimum technology that meets global industry standards.
- Increasing visibility for opportunity and customer status - knowing your patients.
- Promoting effective collaboration across the enterprise with timely and accurate information to aid in decision making and planning.
- Reducing recurrent expenditure and eliminating bottle necks associated with administrative and other support activities through business processes supported by integrated information management system.
Our offering provides a value adding solutions to the needs identified by hospitals and clinics and will significantly advance health care delivery objectives. In providing these solutions, we have kept a number of key health institutional needs or concerns in mind.
- Support hospitals and clinics near and medium-term learning, operations, administration, transaction-processes, service/customer management and digital content aggregation needs.
- Provide incremental (rather than big bang) release of new capabilities of the system dependent on the facility's environments and existing ICT infrastructure.
- Provide an integration framework to support simultaneous delivery of multiple services.
- Provide adequate support for hospitals and clinics departments involved in patient administration.